More than just a display for books, bookshelves are often a window into our styles and personalities! From the books that inspire us to items weve collected and curated over the years, few other places in the home hold so much meaning. With all these varied elements going on, it can be hard to come up with just the right arrangement to put our favorite things on display. Weve pulled together our favorite tips for getting any bookcase shelfie ready!
- Vary book placement throughout the shelves! Mix vertical rows with horizontal stacks to break up any blocks and carry the eye throughout the entire bookcase.
- Layer in art and photos of differing styles throughout the shelves. Differing sizes can help to add height and fill in those empty spaces.
- Add accessories in a variety of materials! Natural accents are always a favorite for creating that relaxed and organic feel essential to California casual spaces. I love layering in metallic pieces for an extra bit of pop!
- Try to keep similar items grouped together. Groupings of pieces like vases or candlesticks can make the shelves look a bit more orderly and cohesive.
- Faux plants are great for instilling life to hard to reach shelves. With no need for water or sunlight, they are a worry-free way to bring on some extra dimension.
- Throw in a throw! There are no rules to what you can show off and store on a bookcase. A throw blanket is perfect for bringing in a little softness, and is easy access for grabbing when its time to cozy up with a good book.
- Lastly, no bookcase should be an island! Symmetrical sconces, hanging art, floor lamps, or even indoor trees can balance out a large case piece and help it flow into the rest of the room.
SHOP WITH US
INTERIOR DESIGN SERVICES
Like what we did with this space? We offer easy to shop interior design packages for both virtual and local clients. Follow these easy steps to get started today:
- Choose & purchase the package that best suits your needs. Not sure which one you need? Send us a message or book a free phone consultation.
- Fill out our fun and interactive questionnaire.
- Sit back and watch your dream home come to life!
You will have direct access to lead designer, Nicole Mendez throughout the whole process. Multiple revisions are included with each package to ensure you are completely happy with the end result!