Winter Coffee Table Accessories and Decor
As an interior designer from California, I realize that our winters may not have the snowy landscapes of other areas! However, this doesn’t mean we can’t incorporate the warm and cozy ambiance of the season into our homes. Decorating your living space for the season goes beyond geographic boundaries, and one of the easiest ways to achieve this is by updating your winter coffee table accessories and decor.
If you enjoyed our previous tips on how to style a round coffee table, you’ll love this guide that’s all about rectangular tables. When it comes to choosing the right coffee table style for all seasons, there are plenty of options to explore. Whether you prefer a minimalist approach, a maximalist one, or something in between, we’ve got you covered! Let’s take a closer look at three different styling approaches to find your perfect fit.
Shop The Look
For a whimsical touch that resonates with California’s diverse landscape, it’s fun to add in forest creature figurines that celebrate the beauty of winter wildlife. Whether it’s a charming woodland owl or a cute little deer, these figurines add a touch of whimsy to your decor, turning your coffee table into a seasonal delight in any climate. Evergreen branches in a rustic vase paired with a balsam scented candle to match round out this cozy wintertime tableau.
A minimal table scape like this is one of the simplest looks to achieve, requiring only two zones of decor for the table. Achieve this exact look with ease using this coffee table styling diagram, or use it as a jumping off point to arrange your personal decor!
Minimal Rectangular Coffee Table Styling Tips
- Two groupings is all it takes for a stylish coffee table design
- A large vase with greenery is a perfect focal point for any coffee table
- Layer with a three-wick candle for an extra dose of coziness
- Elevate accessories by stacking them on top of books to add height and visual interest
- Add personality with a figurine or other small sculptural object
Shop The Look
When it comes to decorating your coffee table, it’s important to keep things balanced and dynamic. Mix round-shaped objects such as vases and bowls with rectangular objects like coffee table books to create a perfectly balanced look that will make your coffee table stand out. Illuminate cold winter evenings with these flameless candles shaped like evergreen trees, casting a soft glow that creates a cozy winter wonderland right in the living room. Pairing the wintery candles and pinecone bowl filler make for the perfect festive touch in the winter season!
When it comes to decorating your space, remember that good things come in threes! Split your decor into three distinct zones and follow the styling advice from the graphic below to achieve a balanced and harmonious look.
Balanced Rectangular Coffee Table Styling Tips
- Creating three distinct zones on the coffee table makes for a balanced look
- Bowls are a perfect centerpiece — a footed bowl makes for an even more fun and dynamic choice
- Bring the outdoors in with a vase full of greenery to anchor the design
- Stack books to add height and top with a cluster of candles to make the coffee table feel oh so homey
- Bonus tip: Change out your bowl filler with the seasons
Shop The Look
I am always captivated by the look of a thoughtfully arranged coffee table! A combination of books, vases, trays, and other accessories can transform any table into a maximalist’s dream. To infuse your winter table with a touch of nature, try incorporating organic accents such as this wooden bowl or stone tray. These timeless pieces not only bring a natural warmth to your space but also offer a perfect backdrop for showcasing other seasonal elements.
Decorating with a maximalist style can be a challenge when it comes to adding accessories without creating clutter. But don’t worry – we have some expert tips and tricks to help you style your coffee table with accessories that pack a punch without compromising tidiness.
Maximalist Rectangular Coffee Table Styling Tips
- Arrange decor in sections for an organized yet maximalist vibe
- Section off the table with stacks of books — grouping books by color helps bring control to the chaos
- Stack accessories on top of books to add personality to the different zones
- Be sure to mix and match accessories to keep the decor feeling dynamic
- Organic accents like wood and stone make the table feel down to earth
- Group trays, bowls and candles to fill in the empty spaces
Winter Coffee Books
While it’s convenient to purchase a pre-curated book stack, I prefer picking out specific titles to showcase on my table! If curating your own collection of coffee table books is more your style, I’ve pulled together some of my favorite winter selections that feel cozy and celebrate the beauty of the season. Many of these books are still available for delivery before Christmas, perfect for last minute gifting or a treat for yourself!
No matter how you choose to decorate, updating your coffee table decor with winter-inspired accessories is a simple yet effective way to infuse your space with some seasonal style. Whether you’re in a winter wonderland or under the California sun, hopefully you can embrace the winter magic and bring that festive fun into the home!
Online Interior Design
Like what we did with this space? We offer flat rate online interior design packages and would love to help with your space too. Check out our Get Started page to see how we can work together!
You will have direct access to lead designer, Nicole Mendez throughout the whole process. Multiple revisions are included with each package to ensure you are completely happy with the end result!